Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Sick?

Hey y'all. I'm SOO sorry I haven't posted anything on here in months.
That really wasn't my intention.

For the past 2 months, I have been sleeping like crazy.

My mother has iron deficiency amenia due to a disease called Von Willebrand. (I promise this is relevant) Her body makes VERY little iron, and she has to have iron infusions every time she loses any blood. My mom can tell her iron is getting low by symptoms that show up. She gets very sleepy, eats ice chips (pika) and  has a low appetite.
I was showing all of those signs, and her thoughts went immediately to my iron being low.
I have given blood at the American Red Cross 4 times in the past 8 months. Then I never slowed down to recuperate. My body didn't make it's iron back.
I went to the family doctor, and told him my symptoms, and mom explained her iron worries. He immediately ordered a round of blood work, and three days later we had the results. My iron is very, very low! The doctor prescribed me iron pills to take twice a day, with orange juice, for 3 months. The iron has horrible side effects. It kills my stomach. I have to take another medicine to help with the stomach pain. It's not nice, but if it will make my energy level rise, I'm for it!
That just means I won't be on here for a while.
I honestly don't even have the energy to do homework.
I'm so sorry guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment